If you want to find out more about championing and celebrating libraries in all sectors and promoting the good work that they do, try the following resources:
- Voices for the Library
- A place for everyone who loves libraries to share their stories and experiences of the value of public libraries.
- Public Libraries News
- A site that collates public library news from around the country as well as interesting articles fron the UK and overseas. You’ll find a tally of the latest cuts and a detailed breakdown of everything happening locally as well as actions to participate in.
- The Library Campaign
- An independent national organisation set up in 1984 to support Friends of Library groups and to campaign for improved services in publicly-funded libraries.
- Alan Gibbons’ Campaign for the Book
- set up by the children’s author, Alan Gibbons, and was formally launched in late September 2008 to fight cuts in school libraries, and to defend the place of books in libraries.
- The Library A-Z
- This site is home to the campaign that has created a visual A to Z celebrating the wide range of services, resources and facilities that make libraries so fantastic.
- They Work For You
- A site that helps you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read about parliamentary debates and written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.