Calling all library users (and non-users) across the UK – what will you do to celebrate NLD13? If you regularly USE one library, why not visit another (see our Events Map for participating venues). If you never visit a library then why not go along, JOIN in and see what your local public or university library has to offer! If you LOVE your library celebrate it in whatever way you think best!
If you’re short on ideas, here are a few suggestions…
- Make connections. Get in touch with your local library and find out what they are doing for NLD13. If they have nothing planned, why not talk to them about arranging a celebration, party, author event or read-in?
- Share the love! Introduce a colleague, friend or family member to the library that you love, get them to join and show them why it is so great!
- Spread the word. Why not tweet National Libraries Day or use the hashtag #NLD13 ‘I love my library because…’, ‘like’ NLD13 on our Facebook page or upload a fun picture of you & your library to Flickr.
- Be creative. Why not make a video, animation or song celebrating libraries, librarians and what they mean to you. Post them on YouTube and watch/comment on other people’s efforts!
- Branch out! If you usually borrow a book, why not access the Internet instead. If you’re always online why not borrow a book? Take a look around and see what other exciting services your library has to offer.
- Ask! Make NLD13 the day that you put that question’s you’ve always meant to ask to your local library staff! Tell them the subjects you’re interested in and see what they suggest – you might be surprised!